National Garden Club
Annually up to forty-one (41) NGC Scholarships are available, each in the amount of $4,000.00. One-year scholarships are available to juniors, seniors and graduate students pursuing a Master’s Degree. Sophomores may make application for their junior year. Equal opportunity shall be provided to all applicants. College/university must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States.
- Must be attending school full-time as defined by NGC:
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 graded hours of classes.
- Graduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 graded hours of classes.
- Funds may be applied to studies overseas provided that the study is a condition of the recipient’s degree plan and that payment continues to be made to the accredited U.S. college or university.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be planning a career related to gardening, landscape design, environmental issues, floral design or horticulture
- Previous applicants may re-apply whether awarded or not.
Must be majoring in one of the following fields of study
• Agriculture Education
• Landscape Design
• Botany, Biology
• Wildlife Science
- Plant Pathology/Science
• City (Rural & Urban) Planning
• Habitat or Forest/Systems Ecology
• Environmental Concerns (Management: Environmental,
• Horticulture Resource/Environmental Behavior)
• Environmental Conservation (inc. Engineering, etc.)
• Land Management and/or other related or allied subject